Friday, April 15, 2016

After 10 hours of work

The lab I'm working in has no windows. So at the end of the day I step outdoors and am greeted by this view. Santa Barbara is one of the more beautiful towns in the US. There is plenty to explore up in the hills, and not too far offshore are the Channel Islands. I'd like to be hiking the hills and sailing, but for now, I'm working. I have no car / transportation other than public or car rental, and no connections to a sailboat yet. Hopefully, before I leave this place I'll have time (and the transportation) to explore. It's odd to be in such a gorgeous place and be thinking I'd rather be in Australia with my wife. But it seemed employment was a longshot there, so I'm back in California where my license and skills are worth something. I'm definitely glad to be working again; to feel useful before I retire and get serious about my hobbies.

No comments:

Post a Comment